Border Elements is a very powerful Session Border Controller.
This software implementation runs as a Windows Service and accesses a SQL Server database for making call routing decisions. You can quickly and easily set up Border Elements and unlock all of it’s features:
- Edge Border Controller that allows for authentication of SIP traffic
- Least Cost Routing (including LRN) across Virtual network of carriers
- See separate document on LCR, call queuing, call starts per second, etc
- Routing of public to private SIP traffic (across any combo of NIC’s)
- Bypass of carriers for direct IN-Network devices
- Built in NAT Traversal
- Payload agnostic – allows for G.711, G.729, alaw, mulaw, high def etc.
- Redundancy (Inbound and Outbound)
- Become our own Cloud SIP Trunking Carrier (connections to carriers are virtualized)
- TDM could be part of the network with any TDM to SIP device or Sangoma boards and NetExpress software.
- Capitalize on VTN’s for large footprint of free calls (Any ANI for outbound)
- Billing and call detail recording
- Forwarding List of SIP devices based on DNIS + failover to VE Server
- Supports Registration of Client Devices
Four entity types are defined to the Border Elements Network.
- Standalone SIP Devices (includes SIP Phones, Asterisk Boxes, PBX, Dialogic HMP)
- Voice Elements Platform
- SIP Trunking Carriers
- Other Border Elements Server
Web of Carriers
One of the elegant features of the BE Server is its ability to route between BE Servers to capitalize on various carrier agreements. For example, if I had a colocation site at Global Crossing and a BE Server was in place there, any authenticated VE Server in the cloud could route traffic out that carrier. This allows the creation of a SIP Trunking carrier where the underlying carrier service is built on a virtual web of carrier agreements.
- Carrier Bypass
- Virtual PBX
- Call Center
- SIP Trunking carrier
- Cell Phone bypass — Cell phone connectivity
- Redundancy of Voice Elements Servers
- Load Balancing of VE Servers (Inbound traffic)
- Control how many ports customer has access to
Click here to see the Border Elements database schema.